The contents of The Joe Show have been merged with the Average Joe American home page at www.AverageJoeAmerican.US. This page will no longer be updated. Update your bookmarks and feed subscriptions today.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Song of the Day

Song of the Day


from
Average Joe Radio





"Lost Again" from Joe Colledge

Jersey Joe, on Joe Colledge:
Listened to the latest show. Fantastic. I'll tell you a bit how I met up with Joe. My friend Phil Ayoub was making his NJ debut in Morristown, N.J. near where Joe lives back in Feb.(a snowstorm no less). That same day Joe's pic was on the front page of the entertainment section as favorite male performer for the county. Out of the blue I emailed him and told him my friend was playing that night. He came with his drummer. I think it is great when artists support each other. I mentioned to him I'd like to attend a recording session just to see how the process works. Studio is only 20 minutes from my house. He was more than happy to oblige. Ironically the session I attended is not on the PMN. It was backing tracks on a song. Joe is a huge Tom Petty fan and does a nice version of "American Girl" on the cd. He invited me to the CD release party last weekend. ...

Joe is a good guy. He is in his 30's with a few young kids just following his dream. The song you played is another one of my favorites from the cd. It was the highlight of his live performance. He calls it his "angry" song. I spoke to the drummer and bass player seperately that night and asked them their favorite track. After much thought they both said "Table For One"..the title track. That song does make me smile when I hear that Joe Average line. The sleeper of the cd is "Blue Sky Days". It is the last song on the cd and I think is being overlooked by podcasters. Check it out.

Talk to you in July.


Feedback Line: (206) 600-4JOE

All music, commentary, and download hosting provided by:
IODA PromoNet
Magnatune.com - We Are Not EvilSUBSCRIBESubscribe in iTunes


My Odeo Channel (odeo/1dfa2419acd22014)

No comments: